Sunday, May 18, 2008

Blog of a Mad Caucasian Girl

So today I figured out that two weeks of Stats class, irregular amounts of sleep, homesickness, and the impending stress of hosting a friend's bridal shower combine forces to make me cry during Prince Caspian. Multiple times. For the emotionally wrenching post-battle scenes and the warm fuzzy moments.
Funny, though, I made it through Steel Magnolias with only mildly misty eyes.

Also, I now know I loathe the kinds of people who allow themselves to be seen as "needy" and unable to take care of themselves. Be ye not confused with people who rely on others for support when support is needed, or people who seek out something they need (in a positive sense) from someone close to them. I hate stupid people, too. I really can't stand stupid people. I want to smack them with a two-by-four until it beats some sense into them.
And while we're at it, why do most to-be brides start taking stupid pills the day after they get engaged? I dare you to watch fifteen minutes of Bridezilla and still maintain the belief that I'm exaggerating.

Oh... and apparently I am a "pop culture sponge". Or so I have been told. Should that translate to "well-versed in many, even some obscure, areas of culture" or "a fountain of useless information"?
I prefer the former, but accept the reality of the latter.

Yes... welcome to the rambling thoughts of an insomniac college student. I'm beginning to sound like Holden Caulfield. Without the swearing.

Ramble ramble ramble ramble...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I prefer "a fountain of useless information", but maybe that's just because I am one! If you don't believe me, just ask Sarah. She can tell you of a little conversation we had that involves certain facts about dolphins...
I think my brand of useless information is more scientific than cultural. :)