Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Just What I Needed

...and now I hope that song is stuck in your head, too. It's still in mine.

Anyway.

As we wrap up Finals week here on the mountain, the thought of being on Christmas break is a pretty happy thought indeed. If I may wax metaphorical, I imagine the break will be like the moment just after an amateur swimmer surfaces after being underwater for a little too long: his lungs are aching for air; his limbs are burning from the strain; his mind is reeling from the panic of being seconds away from drowning... but as he breaks the surface, he is finally able to breathe once again.*

Unfortunately, this week has been the moment right before all that.

So when my hallmate found this video yesterday, it made this marathon week of enduring pain and suffering just a little less... well... less painful.

I now share the video with you now, dear reader, in the chance that you too might need a session of theraputic laughter.
Remember: it's only insulting and mean if you perceive it that way. :)
__________________________
*No swimmers were harmed in the making of this blog entry.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay, that was funny! I've heard about these Red vs. Blue videos, but I had never actually seen one until now. This makes me want to watch others... thanks, E.

On a side note (that really has nothing to do with this post except for the fact that the video reminded me of it), the nationality that many of my ancestors were is properly pronounced Scotch-Irish, not Scots-Irish. Just thought I should point that out...