Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Additions to the Quotes Page

Eh, it's about time I did another one of these just for fun. Now here's hoping at least half of these quotes can make sense stand-alone... or perhaps they're funnier because they don't make sense on their own. XD

I love my friends. Really, I do. But interesting things happen when my friends all hang out...
For instance, we can't watch a TV show or a movie without making fun of it.

While watching "Magic Knight Rayearth" (don't ask me WHY... x_x):
"It's a scantily-clad toga!" --Pat
--
"...did that thing just say 'poo'?" --Jasmine
(brief explanation... there's an odd little critter that makes what is supposed to be a cute-little-critter noise, but really... it's just saying "poo". It also makes food appear out of nowhere and somehow speaks telepathicly with the main characters.)
--
"My green is hair like your eyes!" --Efad (supposed to be "my hair is green like your eyes")
--
"There are words in my heart... along with the poo." --Pat
--
"Hey, small irritating creature, can you fart me out a Coke or something?" --David

While watching Cyrano DeBergerac:
"They're going to populate the world with stupid, pretty, superficial babies!"
"Well, it worked. [...] They're probably responsible for Brad Pitt." --Efad and Kate

While watching Reign of Fire:
Efad: "I want a dragon!"
Kate: "What?"
Efad: "I want a pet dragon! I'll name it Herbert!"
Katie: "That's probably not a good idea..."
Efad: "Aw, c'mon!"
Katie: "No, no no... Herbert go RAWR! Herbert go FWOOM! Efad go crisp!"

But we don't just watch movies with each other.
We also like our video games. We like them a lot.

Katie: *opens up her fortune cookie* "Hmm. 'A man who dares to waste an hour of time hasn't discovered the value of life...' Well, we don't waste time. Now where is that other Gamecube controler?"

We tend to become a tad vocal whenever we play.

--
"A car just fell on my head!" --Katie (Super Smash Brothers Melee)
--
"Squirrel! ...who appears to be wearing a tablecloth..." --Kate (Animal Crossing)
--
"Lyude, I cannot properly defend myself with cheese!" --Efad (Baten Kaitos)
--
"Right now, your life's ambition is to wear pants." --Efad to Katie (Final Fantasy XI)
--
"Hey -- you there! Get back in his mind!" --Katie (Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker)
--
"I spy with my little eye... something I can set on fire..." --Efad (Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker)
--
"I'm pulling an 8-bit Rambo!" --JJ (Gallaga)
--
"AAAGH, I hate him, he's so hard to kill! Especially when he's... um... not easy to kill." --JJ (one of the Dragonball Z games...)
--
"FEAR MAH ELBOWS!" -and- "My butt is on fire and I'm flipping you off in Koopa!" --Efad (Mario Kart: Double Dash)
--
Efad: "Hey, it's got little bits of soup in it!"
JJ: "Of course there's soup in it. It's SOUP." (Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
--
"Captain Falcon: Moose Inspector!" --JJ (Super Smash Brothers Melee... Capt. Falcon's taunt is "show me your moves" and we kinda misheard him...)
--
"I'll see your P-button and raise you a DEATH!" --Kate (Super Mario World)
--

And, like any group of friends, we have our running jokes, too.

-walk up to Pat, look him in the eye, and say "Little bottle of bleach".
-Start saying "Wheee!" randomly during a conversation with Katie.
-Every roof in Miami is red. Because 'CSI: Miami' says so.
-A list of Anime guys who have a Wrong Time of the Month. (Inuyasha... Ranma from Ranma 1/2... Dilandau from Escaflowne...)
-The phrase "Freezin' my FRICKIN' ARMS OFF!"
-The "WHO WEARS SHORT SHORTS!" song.
-Coffee Gnomes.
-And, of course, the exclamation of "Quotes page!" when someone achieves Quotes Page status.

But other than that, we're pretty normal.

--
"I had to rate my latest fic PG-13 for sustained scenes of danger and graphic pottery violence." --Efad
--
"I'd like to have a sensible voice in my head that gets hangovers." --Kate (watching A Beautiful Mind)
--
Katie: "Oatmeal isn't supposed to make you high!"
Michael Ben: "This is some awesome oatmeal, then..."
--
Katie: "Angst-muffin!"
Efad: "Angst-muffin?"
Katie: "Angst-muffin."
--
*Katie tries to stick a grape juice label on Efad*
Kate: "Don't label people, it's rude!"
Efad: "Yeah -- how would you like to be labeled a prep, or a jock, or..."
Katie: "...a bottle of grape juice?"
--

...well... essentially normal, anyway.

Katie: "This is your sneeze... THIS is your sneeze on crack!"

...okay, perhaps not.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha, yeah... ya'll are definitely not normal. Then again, who is? No one I've met, at least. :)